Cancer Exercise Programs: CanRestore
Treatment for cancer not only takes an emotional toll, it can be physically very hard.
Our certified oncology physiotherapists, draw on their training from the PINC and STEEL, Strength After Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer exercise programs, to provide individualised, prescribed, targeted exercise programs to women and men diagnosed with cancer. Our goal is to help them heal as well as possible and function at optimal levels through every stage of their treatment and recovery. Our program is dedicated to improving the strength, quality of life and sense of wellbeing of men and women diagnosed with cancer.
Our programs are specifically designed to help maximise recovery, regain physical and emotional strength and improve body confidence and control.
Our programs are tailored specifically to each person and may include:
- individual exercise sessions
- small group rehab (3-4 people)
- larger group (5-10) rehab
- our programs include a combination of Clinical Pilates, resistance training, cardiovascular and balance training
- Prehab: exercise programs prior to starting treatment for cancer. The fitter and stronger you are leading into your treatment means:
- the better you will cope with the treatment
- more likely to be able to complete the full course of treatment
- have fewer side effects
- faster recovery